The purpose of this article is to explain provide an overview of Writing to ARIES
The ARIES Connector manages inputs and outputs of ARIES wells, production, and declines to the Petro.ai Database.
In this article, we will step through an example of how to Write to ARIES from a Petro.ai Database.
How to Write to ARIES
- On the ARIES Connector, select Write to ARIES
- In the ARIES Connection option, input the Connection String.
Note: This is the path for the ARIES Database Provider.
Example of a connection string:
- Use the drop-down, and choose the Connection String Provider (OleDB, SQLServer, ODBC)
- Click Test Connection (ARIES Connection).
Note: If using OleDB and you experience this error: "The requested OLE DB provider Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 is not registered", you will need to download and install the 64-bit version of Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable which can be downloaded from Microsoft's site here.
- Input the Schema Name (Optional)
- Scroll through the AC_ECONOMIC, AC_PROPERTY, AC_PRODUCT, AC_SCENARIO tabs and configure the column mapping.
- In the Petro.ai dropdown, select your Petro.ai Database.
Note: If a Petro.ai Database is not set up see Configure MongoDB for Spotfire in Administration Manager.
Note: Your company's available connection will differ.
- Click Test connection (Petro.ai).
- Click Load
- The Panel below will populate with the scenarios/qualifiers that were pulled from Petro.ai Database.
- Select a scenario/qualifier from the panel.
- Select the Job Options (optional).
- Click Run Job.
Note: This will run the job script with the given parameters set from the ARIES Connector.
The ARIES Connector Output panel will display details of the Job process.
- Once complete, close out the ARIES Connector Output.
For additional information on ARIES Connector documentation, click here.