Configure MongoDB in Administration Manager
Spotfire Administrators can configure connections to MongoDB through Spotfire's Administration Manager so that all users have access to the connection string within Ruths.ai Spotfire extensions, and thus do not have to have direct access to the connection string. The steps below explain how to save the MongoDB connection string in the Administration Manager. This configuration requires Administrator privileges.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The steps below show how to save the connection string in a Spotfire group. Which group(s) the Spotfire Administrator saves the connection string to will vary depending upon each client's Spotfire configuration. Ruths.ai generally recommends that the connection string is saved to BOTH the Administrator group AND the Everyone group. However, if a client has chosen to create a group specifically for a particular Ruths.ai Extension, the connection string should be saved to Administrator AND the Ruths.ai Extension group. It is important that the connection string is saved to the Administrator group because behind the scenes, the Administrator group supersedes all other groups. If the connection string is saved to only the Everyone group, all users EXCEPT Administrators will be able to see the saved connection string. This is because Administrators are Administrators before they are part of Everyone in the Spotfire hierarchy of groups.
- Go to the Tools menu and open the Administration Manager.
- Go to the Preferences tab.
- Select the desired group.
- Navigate to the Ruths.ai menu in the Preferences tab and click on Energy Analytics.
- Click on the down arrow next to the PetroDBURI menu. This menu lists all saved connections.
Click the Edit button.
- Place the cursor in the top right cell of the highlighted menu, and a "..." button will appear as shown below. Click on the "..." button.
- Click the Add button to add another connection string. Edit the Key and Name on the right-hand side of the menu. Enter the MongoDB connection string as the Key. This will use the protocol "mongodb://" and then the server name. The Name entered here is what will appear in the drop-down in Spotfire
- Click OK to save and exit out of all dialogs.
- Restart Spotfire to see the connection string in Ruths.ai Extensions.