The purpose of this article is to explain the Appearance settings in the properties menu.
How do I change the background color?
There are two ways to change the background color of the 3D Subsurface Visualization window.
To open the properties window
- Click on the properties icon () in the upper right-hand corner of the visualization bar OR
- Click on the mouse pointer icon () in the navigation menu and then right click in your visualization and select properties
From the Properties Window
- Open Properties Window (select mouse pointer icon and right click>properties)
- Click on Appearance in the menu
- Click on the color square in the Background color: option
- Choose a new background color from the color palette.
- Click Close to exit the Properties Window.
From Controls Window
- Expand the Scene option in the control menu by clicking on the white arrow.
- Hover over the background color bar to activate the color palette.
- Choose your color for the background.
What is Z distortion?
Z distortion affects the display of your z-values, shortening or lengthening the z-axis. Z "distortion" could also be called "exaggeration". Depending on the size of the subsurface area you are visualizing, the X and Y dimensions (in ft or m) could be much larger than the depth of the reservoir. So, you may want to exaggerate the Z dimension to better visualize subsurface features.
For additional information on 3D Subsurface documentation, click here