These are the installation steps for MongoDB on Microsoft Windows.
- Start by downloading MongoDB Community Server here: https://www.mongodb.com/download-center. Select the "Community Server" tab, and then download the installation package.
- In Windows Explorer, locate the downloaded MongoDB .msi file, which typically is located in the default Downloads folder.
- Double-click the .msi file. A set of screens will appear to guide you through the installation process.
- After accepting the license terms choose "Complete" installation:
- The following screen allows you to configure MongoDB as a service. Ruths.ai recommends leaving all options as default which will configure MongoDB as a service which is started when you PC boots. Take note of the Data directory as this will be where MongoDB will store the database files.
The next screen allows you to install MongoDB Compass. MongoDB Compass is graphical user interface which allows you to query and view data within your Mongo database. More information can be found here. The installation of MongoDB Compass is optional but it can be a useful tool when troubleshooting or investigating documents within the database.
The final installation screen will prompt you to install MongoDB. Click Install.
After installation, the MongoDB service will start silently in the background. Your local MongoDB can now be accessed via the MongoDB connection URL: mongodb://localhost:27017.
MongoDB Configuration File and Restarting MongoDB Service
Note: These instructions assume that you have installed MongoDB to C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\4.0\.
MongoDB utilizes a configuration file to send command line arguments to the MongoDB service. The default configuration file can be found here: C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\4.0\bin\mongod.cfg. This configuration file can be modified in a text editor to change options such as the database path, log file path, bound IP address, port, etc. More information about the configuration file options can be found here. If changes are made to the configuration file the MongoDB service must be restarted by taking the following actions:
- Click Start > Run...
- Type "services.msc" then press Enter.
- In the list, find MongoDB.
- On the left-hand side, press Restart the service.
For additional information on RAI DCA Wrangler documentation, click here