One of the things Spotfire is know for is overlap in functionality. There are at least three ways to every task, and this is especially true when it comes to TERR. Data functions can be added through many different menus. Where you go in the menus will depend on whether the data function is being created from scratch or whether it is being pulled from the library or another DXP file.
- Insert from the library or another file
- Insert menu, Data Function
- Tools menu, Register Data Functions — using the Open or Import button
- Edit menu, Data Function Properties — using the Insert button
- Create them in the DXP
- Tools menu, Register Data Functions
- Edit menu, Data Function Properties — using the Register New button