TIBCO does not release hotfixes for Spotfire Desktop, but freely provides the hotfix for Spotfire server on its website. You can take advantage of the hotfix to upgrade your version of Spotfire Desktop from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11. This is helpful if you are manually running extensions on Spotfire Desktop.
You will need:
- Administrator access to your Spotfire folder
- Location of where your Spotfire modules are installed (usually in the Spotfire folder)
- 7-zip, which you can download here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
Finding the hotfix
Begin by downloading and extracting the hotfix:
- Download the hotfix for Spotfire 7.6 server here: http://support.spotfire.com/patches_spotfire.asp#spotfire76
- Once spotfire76_hotfixes.zip is downloaded, open the archive using 7zip and drill to the following directory:
- You should see something like this:
- Extract the files to a folder on your desktop.
Backing up and upgrading the Core module
You will want to backup before applying the hotfix:
- Navigate to your Spotfire modules folder
- Open Modules/Core_xxxx/
- Save all of the files that are listed there in another location and then remove everything from the folder
- Take the new Core files and place them in that folder (they should look very similar)
- Complete! Load Spotfire and use your extensions freely.