The purpose of this article is to explain how to setup Histogram
Purpose: The purpose of the histogram is it lets to discover, and show the underlying frequency distribution of a set of continuous data.
This will allow the inspection of the data for underlying distribution (normal distribution), skewness, and outliers and so on.
- Can only run one column at a time
Steps to Run:
- Go to the Tools menu
- Select the Data Science option
- Select the Histogram option
- Enter the data table and the column name the analysis should be performed on
- Data table
- The output is a single bar chart with the raw data selected in binned columns on the x-axis and the row count on the y-axis.
- Examine the distribution for characteristics, or color by groupings to investigate the distributions of key factors
Great for a combination chart.